A native of Knoxville, Tennessee, Brad was introduced to the game by his father, Bill Redding, who was an NCAA All-American golfer at Purdue University. At an early age, Brad turned his curious nature to the game, particularly understanding the golf swing and teaching the game. “I didn’t know much about the game but in the lessons I received as a youngster. I didn’t like what I was hearing or the results it was producing. I set out to find what made some instructors so effective and produced better results with their students.” By learning from some of the best instructors in the world, Brad has developed a teaching philosophy that sets him apart from other teachers and brings a more dynamic and effective learning experience to all of his students.
As a Golf Magazine Top 100 Teacher and a PGA Master Professional in Instruction, Brad has a unique and extraordinary knowledge of the game and the golf swing. He communicates this knowledge effectively to all levels of golfers. He demonstrates an unfailing dedication to helping his students improve their abilities and the enjoyment of the game.
Brad’s keen eye for detecting faults and his ability to prescribe clear solutions allows him to correct the cause of the problem. His mission is to help his students become their own best teachers by achieving their short-term goals with an eye on producing long-term results.
Brad works with his students to develop control of the ball. By giving cause and effect analogies, coupled with hands on examples, he and the student can create a relationship that will produce positive results.
As a six-time Tennessee PGA Teacher of the Year, a Golf Channel “Golf Academy Live” and “Your Game Night” instructor, in addition to being a contributor to Golf Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Golf Digest, USA Today and PGA Magazine, Brad has worked with players of all abilities, from beginners to PGA Tour Players. His trademark “Staying on Plane” philosophy attracts golfers from across the United States and abroad.
Brad Redding Highlights
- 2008 Carolina PGA Teacher of the Year
- 2007-2008 Golf Digest SC Teacher of the Year
- Golf Magazine Top 100 Teachers since 2001
- PGA Master Professional in Instruction
- 6-time Tennessee PGA Teacher of the Year
- The Golf Channel “Academy Live” and “Your Game Night” instructor
- Contributor to Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, Sports Illustrated, USA Today, and PGA Magazine
- Faculty Member for PGA Master Professional Program
- Titleist Leadership Advisory Staff
- Has Worked with PGA, LPGA, Nationwide and Hooters Tour Players